Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 24 - Boats


The plan tonight was to use up my soon-to-expire Travelzoo voucher at Blush with Nick, Nell, and Brian and then Brian and I would take pictures down at the wharf as practice for my upcoming moonlight visit to Iguazu Falls. The first part of that plan worked out just fine; the second part, not so much. Not only was it completely overcast, but apparently the new moon was last night, so even if it had been clear it wouldn't have mattered. Epic fail. There was, however, plenty of light down at the harbor, and this shot of some boats came out pretty well.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Photo Max. Really captures the mood of Santa Barbara Harbor at night. Where I have spent a lot of time in the last 23 years... messin around with a boat just like these Victorys. I don't think that Max realized it when she took this photo, but she has sailed on boats like these, the family Victory 21 Sloop, a couple-three times many years ago. Max didn't like going sailing much at that time as we got her wet and cold every time we went out! I have known the previous owners of many of these boats. Hopefully, Max will let this picture be published on the North American Victory Sloop Association website because I think she captured the ethereal nature of these old rental boats.... dreaming of their past adventures...

    ReplyDelete