Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 1 - Kitty!




As predicted, the kitties were my first victims... I mean subjects. These two pictures weren't the clearest, but they're my favorites. I'm using my new micro four-thirds interchangeable lens camera, so I tried to turn this into a learning experience. Spent time experimenting with shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, observing how changing them changed the exposure. Also spent some time today learning about lenses. I discovered that the one that came with my camera is not ideal for what I'd like to shoot most, so I'll need to buy at least one additional one. Also discovered that the lenses are EXPENSIVE, so I'll be looking on CraigsList and eBay.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! The first one is my favorite, I love the look on the cat's face. I also love that you are experimenting so much so quickly. Very cool. Oh, and one day into the challenge and you're already thinking of new lenses? That's dangerous. ;-) Excellent start. I feel like both of these could easily be on lolcats.

    ReplyDelete