Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 42 - Oil Rig


By the time we got home, we'd been traveling in one form or another (taxis, waiting in airports, two flights, and a drive up the coast from LA) for over 25 hours and had been awake for at least 36. After squeezing the kitties, unpacking, and taking a shower, I went with Photo Guru Brian to take pictures of the oil rig that you can see from the bluffs near my house. Unfortunately, super-exhausted me forgot to check my camera's ISO, which for some reason was set ridiculously high. I didn't notice at the time, but the result was a very grainy picture. I kind of like it though because it emphasizes the gritty nature of the subject... or something. Even more unfortunately, I was literally eaten alive by mosquitoes. I think I got four bites during my three days in the tropical jungle, but in the course of about 20 minutes I got at least 25 all over my legs and feet (and even a few on my neck and face). Why do they love me so? Why???

No comments:

Post a Comment