Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day 364 - Moving Day


This was the day I've been working up to for the last few months, and it was about as stressful as I thought it would be. On the plus side, the stress prevented me from being sad. Woke up at about 6:00, my parents were here by 7:00, and we left for the Ontario airport around 7:30. The cats were fighting the sedative hard in the car, so the three-hour car ride (three hours because we missed a freeway change, which added a whole new level of stress) featured nonstop yowling and frantic scratching to get out. Perdita even managed to claw a decent-sized hole in the front of her carrier (although luckily there was a flap that covered it). Met Jennifer at the airport, and the cats settled down and slipped into drugged stupor. Luckily no one asked me for the health certificates I didn't have, and walking with the cats through the metal detector in security proved to be no big deal. A few minutes before boarding, I discovered I'd left the extra sedative in the car, but luckily my parents were still around and were able to run it up to security for Jennifer to pick up.

The flight from Ontario to Atlanta, the layover in Atlanta, and the flight from Atlanta to Albany were all uneventful. The cats were high as kites and didn't even mind the little girl in the Atlanta airport who wanted to pet them. I had so much pent-up stress, though, that on the first flight I ended up chugging a beer and taking a quick nap. Brian was there to pick us up at the airport, and it was only a 15-minute drive to Linda's house. The cats managed to hold it the entire 12 hours of travel!

I'm pleased with how well this sunset photo came out, considering I was using my point-and-shoot and it was through the very dirty window of the plane.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo! I love catching sunsets from an airplane. For whatever it's worth, the greatest adventures begin with the boldest first steps.

    ReplyDelete